Wednesday, January 3, 2007

2006

2006 came to a close.
Once again a handful of firsts that have left me reevaluating myself in terms of whom I want to be and what I have become. I'm not sure who that is yet but thankful that I was blessed to have another year to figure it out. Here is the summing up of thoughts from 2006.

- I found my brother again. No matter how different we are, it's me and him and always will be. He's my blood and even time can't change that.

- I found that dreaming with your head in the clouds can be the most wonderful exhilarating experience ….at that moment.

- My best friend is better then yours, hands down.

- I found that someone I've only met once has become one of my closet friends and without them perhaps I'd still have a blue scooter but I'm not complaining.

- People will hurt you, it is inevitable. Learn from it, it is not figuring it out why it happened, its figuring out how to move on.

- Sometimes you find friends in the most unexpected places and they may just capture your heart.

- My ability to be myself is so much easier then pretending that a part of me doesn't exist.

- Words do sting and they can heal, don't say them unless you mean them.

- It's just as hard to say what we don't need as well as to ask for what we do need

- We are beautiful messes just waiting for the one that sees the beauty.

- Realizing the potential you have and the potential you lack, hoping with time you'll establish it.

- Learning that attributes of yourself that you once thought were flaws could easily be made up to be the most beautiful.

- That if I didn't know what it felt like to hurt, I wouldn't know what it felt like to heal.

- Making mistakes causes tears, leaping off bridges causes scars and pots of gold are given to those that are deserving. Without salt dried cheeks, battle wounds and awestruck rainbow, it may be a life but it wouldn't be living.

- Perhaps you gain more when you lose it.

- Sometimes you have to feel small in order to realize how great you can be.

- I hope with time I will grow as well as with time I would outgrown things.

**Many have impacted my life, hurting me and loving me. Thank you either way. **

Here is to 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment