Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Shades

I'm learning you sometimes have to walk around with two left feet before you figure anything out.

Circle after circle, trip over stumble, stares and whispers.

I find it refreshingly ironic however that when it is all said and done, I am the one with the final smirk on my face. I can't help but be consumed in my little bubble full of daydreams.

The peace of solitude becomes a time that can drive a person literally crazy or expose parts of ones self that exemplifies who they are in beautiful shades of anger, sadness and happiness.

With shades of anger I bruised my knuckles and won twenty bucks in poker.

With shades of sadness I exposed mascara ridden tears to some I barely know.

With shades of happiness I felt the breeze of the coming summer and the endorphins of calm set in.

I find that it will never matter how many people you try to decipher it with, how many text messages sent or how many scenarios go through your head…when a situation has ended it doesn't end in your heart until you choose to let it. Whether angry, sad, or happy the only one that has the capability to hold on to that specific emotion is you.

Along with the shades…I have also found that feeling transparent can really put some things in perspective.

You have to figure everyone a few times in life feels this way. Without it I guess you wouldn't question your path, your surroundings and what makes all of it up.

All I know is I happen to like my shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment