Sunday, July 16, 2006

Instrumental

Patience has eluded me once again. If it is one thing I have to learn it is not to fast forward the particulars. I have the uncanny ability to come off as brash, harming an already battered ego. I can only hope that with retribution I also have the ability to hold a soul for safe keeping at the proper moment.

I'm convinced that my favorite piece of instrumental music is what love feels like. Since I have nothing concrete to compare it to in human form I protect this vision and hold it tightly. It's the only moment in time where I can close my eyes and get lost in the nothingness of everything. Although this is the most beautiful experience my heart knows these days I find sadness creeping in. Tainting and tarnishing the effects. Reality defies itself more quickly after the last note is played.

I suppose this is due to wanting it to be tangible, not a melodic sequence played to a hypothetical life inside my dreams. The gliding of notes becoming a safe and familiar hug. The forte of sounds becoming an array of physical emotions bursting forth. The resonance of the finale becoming a burning look branding my heart.

Until I experience this first hand I will continue to close my eyes and fight the reality. Fading further and further into Gods grace. The grace to allow me to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment